Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Going Bananas

I've had this lil' number made for a few weeks.  I couldn't resist this banana print and used McCall's 8569 from 1951 to make this skirt.  This is the 2nd time I've made this skirt and surely won't be the last.  I love the style feature of the puckered pocket and the little split in the front waist band which reminds me of a vest.



You'll have to excuse the crushed fabric, I was wearing it for a few hours before I got a chance to get Ginger to take some photos.
I couldn't resist sharing this photo of Ginger modelling under the big climbing tree.  Cutie Patootie.

1 comment:

  1. That's a most fabulous skirt - and I just love the print. The waist detail is awesome too :-D

    You're lucky Ginger is such a great little photographer! And you have the advantage of her being shorter and having to take photos from a lower perspective - the most flattering viewpoint to take pics from :-D

    ReplyDelete